In addition to having a stellar skin care regimen, you’ll want to ensure that your hands and cuticles stay nice and moisturized during the winter and summer. Take it from us as one of the best nail salons in Fort Myers, the cold winter weather will dry out your skin, while summer can do a number on it too. Here is a quick and easy guide to keeping your hands moisturized, as well as some tips on how to accomplish that goal.
We use these types of products at Nail Art:
- Cuticle Cream – These are creams you can apply directly on the cuticles to prevent peeling and moisturize the skin.
- Cuticle Oil – For dry, painful cuticles, you can apply oil. Try to find one with a dropper so you don’t have to worry about spilling the oil all over your bathroom.
- Hand Lotion – We’ve all got our favorite hand lotion – and you should use yours every day. Look for a nice aroma and a lotion that will dry nicely on your hands – no grease! Also, choose a conveniently-sized lotion so that you can toss it in your bag as you head out the door.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is an amazing beauty tool. We recommend getting the cold-pressed extra virgin kind. You can use it for just about anything, and it’s so easy to use on your hands. Coconut oil is also very affordable. Every night, scoop out a bit out and apply to your hands. For an extra moisturizing effect, put on spa gloves to lock in the moisture from the coconut oil.
7 Tips for Happy Hands from the experts at Nail Art, Nail Salon on Orange Grove in Fort Myers, FL
- Use cleaning gloves when you do the dishes. Use gloves while you wash the dishes and you will be shocked by how much less your hands will dry out during the day. This is because prolonged exposure to water can damage the health of nails and dry out the skin on your hands.
- Before walking outside, apply lotion to your hands – this creates a protective layer, preventing seasonal elements from doing too much damage.
- Get your fill of water. This goes for your hands, but also your skin in general. Many beauty experts agree that when you are dehydrated, your skin will lose its luster, resilience and glow. Your body is comprised mostly of water, so keeping your body hydrated will keep your hands hydrated too.
- Exfoliate! It’s not just for your face. You won’t be able to properly moisturize your hands if you are applying product to a dead layer of skin. Invest in a hand exfoliator that gently separates the skin cells so your creams will absorb into your skin easily
- Stock up on hand cream. If you need extra moisture, use heavy body/hand creams that specifically state they are for dry and chapped hands. Take note that we have specified cream, which is much more effective than lotion alone.
- Neosporin Anti-bacterial ointment. Not to crank up the drama, but you should treat your dry skin as an injury. Broken skin on your hands and nails is no different from a cut on any other part of your body. Get your hands on some Neosporin ointment, not the cream. Place a generous amount on your cuticles where they are broken and cracked, and cover each finger with a bandage. Leave this on overnight, and we guarantee you will be blown away by how soft and smooth your skin will be.
These are great steps to take in between appointments at Nail Art – Orange Grove, our nail salon in Fort Myers. Caring for nails is a great habit – it softens rough edges, prevents dry skin, and reduces the frequency of ingrown toenails or fingernails. However, it’s still important to make appointments on the regular for a professional manicure.
Benefits of a Professional Manicure
The most important benefit of a professional manicure is the professional quality of service – you no longer have to worry about over-polished or misshapen nails. It’s the responsibility of your professional manicurist to provide you with top-notch service that leaves you satisfied and feeling beautiful.
When you go to a professional manicurist, you get extra pampering like hand cleansing and moisturizing. You’ll get a gentle massage in addition to trimming, shaping, and buffing the nail beds to a smooth finish. Plus our nail salon in Fort Myers has a relaxing environment, promoting total wellness. Make an appointment with a manicurist, and you’ll be well taken care of.
When you head to a manicure salon, a vast number of manicure products are available for you to choose from, as opposed to what you have at home. The salon will offer an expansive range of nail polish like OPI and shellac, nail colors, and glitter or jeweled accents if you want to go for a glamorous look.
You’ll have access to a range of services when you combine them with basic nail cleaning services. You can opt for acrylic nails or artificial nails done for you if you are looking for a bold change.
We invite you to take a trip to Nail Art Orange Grove, our nail salon in Fort Myers, FL. You can ask our happy customers about our service, or just come in and check out our work. We may be biased, but we think you will be impressed.
Taking these extra steps in between your appointments at Nail Art Orange Grove in Fort Myers, FL will keep your hands and cuticles happy. We hope you enjoyed our tips! Remember: Cleansing, moisturizing and exfoliating are cornerstones in your beauty routine. Make those things part of your daily regiment and you’ll be happy you did.